There are many similarities between measles and pertusis.
- Caused by paramyxo virus(RNA )
- Only source of infection is a case of measles
- No carriers
- Virus cannot survive outside the body
- Koplik’s spots.
- Rubella is less communicable than measles because of he absence of cough in rubella.
- SAR 90%
- Incubation period 7-14 days, never more than 3 weeks
- Most infectious during catarrhal stage
- Source of infection is a case of pertusis
- No evidence of subclinical infecton or chronic carrier stage.
- SAR is 90% similar to Chickenpox and measles
Null hypothesis states that there is no significant diiference between the two values.
P value indicates the probability of the Null hypothesis being true ie the difference is due to chance.
By convention a null hypothesis is rejected if P<=.05 ie if there is less than 5% chance that the difference is due to chance.
60% of TBW is water- 20% ECF and 40%ICF
Out of 20% ECF- 15% is Interstitial fluid and 5% is plasma.
Total blood volume is 8% including plasma +cells.
Method’s to measure.
- Evans blue-T1824
- Serum albumin labelled with radioactive iodine.
- Deuterium oxide
- Tritium oxide
Red cell volume
Hormones are classified into 3 groups.
- Derived from aminoacid tyrosine.
- Thyroid hormones
- Pituitary hormones
Due to inadequate PO2 in blood.
- Due to quantitative or qualitative deficiency of Hb.
- Eg: Severe anemia, CO poisoning.
- Due to circulatory failure.
- PO2 is normal
- PO2 is normal.
- Due to failure of cellular metaboloc processes
- Eg: Cyanide poisoning inhibiting cytochrome oxidase.